The journey to uncover the little things of big importance begins at the Vosstania Square metro station where we will embark on a discovery to find the last surviving image of Stalin in its lavish d閏or and the place where massive doors stand to shut off a station to make it a nuclear shelter.
Next we will visit a unique local pub run by the Russian aerobatics team, "Russian Knights," complete with Soviet Air Force paraphernalia like ejection seats and an SU-27 tail fin fixed to the wall behind the bar. While here, we can't forget to taste the local honey beer made as per an ancient Russian recipe.
After savouring traditional locally made honey beer, we will continue walking towards a long grey Soviet-style building where the nuclear submarines, "Red Octobers" were designed and where a monument dedicated to Russian submarines stands nearby.
With a short walk from the monument, we will view the house of one of Russia's most mysterious men, Rasputin! And nearby lies a small apartment that was once home to another of Russia's infamous men in the 19th century, Vladimir Lenin. We will have the opportunity to walk through the archways of nearby buildings, experiencing the darkness of St. Petersburg called the "well-yards" where walls with windows stand just a few meters apart from each other, creating a darkness within.
Once we have escaped from the murkiness of well-yards we will immediately see the splendid art nouveau fa鏰de of Baltiysky train station. After a short walk from there, we will see an entire yard dedicated to the "Wizard of Oz" complete with paintings and sculptures from the fairytale's characters, even an Emerald Town playground.
The St. Petersburg sightseeing tour ends next to Vladimirskaya metro station where we depart while admiring the monument dedicated to Fyodor Dostoyevsky, one of the most famous Russian authors.
This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12.
Tour duration: 3 hours
Pickup time: 6:00PM
Pickup location: Vosstania Square, at the entrance to "Vosstania Square" metro station
Drop-off time: 9:00PM
Drop-off location: Vladimirskaya metro
- Travellers must be at least 19 years old to join this tour. Photo ID must be supplied to your guide at the beginning of the tour.
- Please present your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the trip.
- Please contact the local agency to confirm your trip 24 hours prior to departure.
- Please arrive at the pick up location in advance.
- Unless travelling domestically, traveller(s) must carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas when travelling with tours4fun and the local tours4fun Partners. Please ensure your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the trip. It is the traveller(s) responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of the correct visas for your holiday.
- It is not possible to make changes to existing bookings. The original booking must be cancelled and a new booking made. Prices applying to the new booking will be the price at the time the new booking is made. Cancellation charges may apply - refer to Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy.
- Comfortable walking shoes and dress are recommended.
- In Spring/Summer, we recommend you to wear lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes. In Fall/Winter, we recommend layered clothing to ensure comfort in cold weather.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation is confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.