Ride on Australia's famous narrow gauge railway Puffing Billy through the spectacular Blue Dandenong Ranges with bellbirds and kookaburras echoing the steam train's whistle. Tour through the richness of the Yarra Valley - a pastoral experience of farms and vineyards, haystacks and wine grapes. Healesville Sanctuary - a truly Australian experience - cradled in the forested foothills of the Great Divide where you can surround yourself with Australian wildlife.
* Melbourne's eastern suburbs
* Visit Sherbrooke Forest - heart of the Dandenongs; tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
* Share Bush Billy tea of Aussie grown tea and gum leaves, lamingtons and vegemite crackers with the locals...
* Colourful Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots! (opportunity to hand feed)
* Ride through the forest from Belgrave on Puffing Billy steam train - an original steam locomotive
* Sherbrooke Forest - noted for its lyrebirds, tall mountain ash eucalypts and fern gullies
* Pass through quaint villages noted for their restaurants, craft shops and beautiful gardens
* Panoramic views from Grantulla Road
* Opportunity to taste Australian wines at Fergusson's Winery, a noted Yarra Valley wine producer
* Tour through the Yarra Valley
* Pass through the township of Healesville - set amidst mountain bushland
* Visit Healesville Sanctuary - home for over 200 species of Australian birds, mammals and reptiles in a natural bushland setting
* Stroll through paddocks of kangaroos and wallabies
* Walk through large aviaries and pond areas that bring birds of the wild so close to hand - the elusive lyrebirds, eagles, ibis & spoonbills
* Witness the "Eagles Fly" demonstration
* Observe the underwater life of the platypus
* Come face to face with a koala!
* Meet a furry wombat!
* See dingoes, Tasmanian Devils, echidnas, snakes and goannas.
Tour departs at 8:20 AM and returns at 5:30 PM (Times are approximate.)
***We offer pick-up at major hotels in Melbourne, please remark your hotel name and address in the "Comment" template when you book the tour so that we can confirm the detailed pick-up time and location for you.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation is confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.