Delve into the history, and the pubs, that define one of America's busiest downtowns on this unique Houston tour. Set off from Bistro Lancaster, inside the elegant 1926 Lancaster Hotel, and conveniently located at the crossroads between the downtown historic district, the theater district and the skyline district. Walk up Texas Avenue to the Post-Rice Lofts, where you can sip coffee or wine from Minuti's bar inside the historic 1913 lobby. Listen to stories of Houston's early history: from the suicide of the last president of the Republic of Texas, to John F. Kennedy's last day.
Leave the bar behind and head down Main Street, walking through the downtown historic district to reach Commerce Avenue. Choose which bars you want to stop at along the way, from atmospheric Irish pubs to a neighborhood bar tucked inside an Art Deco building, from the retro-hippie notsuoH (Houston spelled backwards) to the trendy Voice bar inside Hotel Icon. After trying the local specialties, head to Commerce Avenue to listen to ghost stories at the bar of a 1912 building that houses Houston's Spaghetti Warehouse. Walk up a grand staircase to the second floor, where you'll see a replica of an old Houston trolley, a funeral cabinet and the ladies room that is reputed to be the most haunted room in downtown Houston's most haunted building.
Leave the ghosts behind as you stroll up Travis Street to Market Square Park, known for its old buildings that today house a wealth of bars and pubs. After calling by a few, stroll to Louisiana Street, home to BBs, a Cajun bar and restaurant on the site of a pecan grove where Texas president Sam Houston once pow-wowed with the Cherokee. End this Houston tour with an exclusive visit to the basement of the Lancaster Hotel to see photos of the Stage Canteen, a circus-themed bar and dance hall where celebrities entertained soldiers during World War II. This is an ideal place to end this pub crawl after a night discovering the bars, history and legends of downtown Houston.
Tour start time: 6:00pm
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation is confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.