Get to know the real Detroit on this downtown adventure. Ride around downtown on the elevated "People Mover" and check out all the major landmarks as well as some smaller favorite places. You also get a taste of Detroit with a free "coney dog" or a free piece of baklava in "Greektown." It is a D-lightful and D-licious way to experience Detroit.
Start at a nice cafe located at 1515 Broadway. You may want to arrive early so you can purchase and enjoy a coffee, espresso, tea, cold beverage, or even a sandwich or salad before the tour. We begin the tour by walking around the nearby area which includes "Foxtown," "Madison Avenue," and "Paradise Valley." You will see the fabulous Fox Theater, Comerica Park (which is home of the Detroit Tigers) the lovely Detroit Opera House, and several other landmarks. Next, take a quick ride over to the popular "Greektown" district on the elevated train called the "People Mover." In Greektown, you can taste a super-sweet piece of baklava and see a casino, a historic church that was a stop on the Underground Railroad, and a lot of restaurants including the very-popular "Fishbone's". Also, when we are in Greektown, you may see a waiter light some liquor (ouzo) on fire over a piece of cheese. ("Opa!!!")
Another ride on the People Mover leads to a stop in the Civic Center area. Here you will see sculptures called "The Spirit of Detroit" and "The Joe Louis Fist." You will also have a view of the massive Renaissance Center (which has the headquarters of General Motors and the tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere) and view of our friends in Windsor, Canada across the river.
Next, we visit the 1929 art-deco Guardian Building to see the remarkably-beautiful lobby and banking room. Seriously, it will be one of the nicest buildings you have seen in your lifetime. Walk by another landmark, the 47-story Penobscot Building, to Lafayette and American Coney Island restaurants, where you may want to have a free "coney dog." It's a grilled hot dog with Detroit-style chili, mustard and onions -- and Detroiters have been devouring them for more than 90 years.
We finish by seeing the renovated Westin Book-Cadillac Hotel which originally opened in 1924, and riding the People Mover back to Broadway, or by seeing the nice new Compuware Building and "Campus Martius Park" (where there is outdoor ice-skating in the winter). The two-hour tour will end by returning to the cafe at 1515 Broadway where we started. It's a great way to quickly see the major downtown landmarks, get a glimpse of our neighbors in Canada, get carried away on the People Mover, and visit places that are Detroit traditions. Plus you will get to try either a free piece of baklava (sweet) or a free Detroit-style coney dog (spicy).
Drop-off itme: 2:45pm-3:00pm
Drop-off location: 1515 Broadway, Detroit MI 48226.
Reservation Process and E-Ticket
1.Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a Receipt of Reservation via email.
2. Within one to two business days of submitting your reservation you will receive a confirmation email from us. If you need to book an airline ticket, we recommend that you do so after you receive a confirmation of your tour reservation from us.
3. An E-Ticket will be sent to you via email as soon as details of your reservation is confirmed or your supporting information is received by us. We will provide you with all detailed information about your tour on the E-Ticket. Contact information for local tour provider will be included on E-Ticket for your convenience or re-confirmation purpose if re-confirmation is required.
4. Simply print your E-Ticket and present it with your valid photo ID on the day of your activity to your tour guide. Please remember E-Ticket is your proof of purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Your purchase does not guarantee confirmation. Your purchase will initiate a reservation process. We will confirm with you via email within one to two business days.
- Prices may vary due to availability. We reserve the right to make price adjustment without prior notice.
- Please refer to our Standard Amendment, Cancellation and Refund Policy before you make reservation.
- Please refer to Customer Agreement before you make reservation.
- Local tour provider reserves the right to make modifications to tour arrangements including order of tour activities, hotel and its location if deemed necessary.